Greenlands Chess Club is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy explains when, how, and why we collect personal data about people.
Who we are
Greenlands Chess Club is a chess club playing at Greenlands Social Club, 105 Longbridge Lane, Birmingham B31 4LF.
How we collect your information
The only information we obtain about our members is provided by them directly. We do not collect personal data simply as a result of a person visiting our website.
Greenlands Chess Club uses some visual images for the purposes of Publicity.
How your information is used
The personal data we obtain is applied for the following purposes, namely to:
- Obtain payment of membership fees to fund the operation of the Club.
- Identify members on the English Chess Federation (ECF) Website.
- Submit details to the ECF to enrol Greenlands Chess Club members as ECF members.
- Register members to play for Greenlands in competitions which Greenlands enters.
- Communicating with members for the purposes of running the chess club, including selecting and organising teams and other chess events.
Consistently with this, the contact details provided to us by members may be used to contact them by mail, telephone, fax or e-mail for the purposes of the Chess Club.
We will hold personal data for as long as a person is a member and for a reasonable time afterwards.
Who can access information
Unless required by law, we do not sell, rent or otherwise share personal data with other third parties.
Members can ask for a copy of the data we hold about them. If a member provides information about another person, it is their responsibility to ensure that the other person has given their explicit consent to the processing of their personal data.
Should you have any unresolved complaints about the way we process your personal data, you have the right to make a formal complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
Links to other websites
Review of this policy
If you have any questions about this policy, please contact Steve Crees: